Thursday, December 21, 2006

Schack Attack

I want to put in a good word for my friend Peter Schacknow who is Senior Producer at CNBC's Breaking News Desk. I hear that desk was actually made by an old Norwegian craftsman with exacting detail - hand planed with just the right touch of freehand routering. Actually, I'm not exactly sure where they got that desk from - it could have been Irving R. Levine's old desk for all I know, but it's a great desk for sure, and greater still is that Peter is now manning it at CNBC!

Peter is also blogging about the frenetic pace of things going on at that desk and the news that's being covered. Check out his blog here: http://www.cnbc.com/id/15837548/cid/97549. Peter and I have had the pleasure of working together in the past and he's a pros pro with valuable insights. Make sure to add Peter's blog to you regular list of daily 'must reads'.

No comments: