Monday, July 9, 2007

Monday Options Report


TJX? We'll just have to wait and see. Did Macy's pan out? No. In the majority of these situations it seems the call SELLERS are the ones who do quite well when no deal appears.

AA? The stock initially lagged following earnings, but rebounded on a forecast for aluminum demand to increase by 10% this year from a little more than 7%. I didn't get a chance to mention it in my column because of a tight deadline today, but AA is also a takeover play in its own right, even as it has extended its offer for Alcan.

This could be interesting: BHP looks for private equity partner to join in bid for Alcoa (Times of London)

disclosure: I hold no positions.

My Options Screener came up with all kinds of stuff. Below, data is presented as is, not a recommendation. I can't do a play by play for each name, but there is some intriguing activity there.

No comments: