TD Ameritrade sees earnings at low end of range.
Among notable analyst comments
- JP Morgan says Alcoa (AA) has appeal as a takeover candidate. BHP and RIO could be possible buyers. . The firm estimates AA is worth $41 a share.
- Piper maintains a Market Perform on New Century (NEW). While the firm says downside risk could approach $0, but notes there could be substantial upside IF new can obtain enough financing.
- WR Hambrecht initiates Apple (AAPL) with a Buy and $110 target. The firm cites a variety of factors for its Buy from iPods, iPhones, desktops, laptops, etc saying Apple has successfully transformed itself from computer only company to full blown consumer electronics powerhouse.
- Stanford lowered Vongage (VG) price target to $5 following yesterday's ruling, saying shares will likely remain under $5.
- Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at Pru. The brokerage citing soft industry sales trends will hurt 1st and 2nd quarter results.
- Citi loves Autozone (AZO) reiterating a buy and a $145 target
- Following earnings that came in as expected, National Semiconductor (NSM), it gets an upgrade from Think Equity to Accumulate from 'Source of Funds' . Think also thinks that what's good from NSM is also good for Linear Tech (LLTC) and Maxim (MXIM).