- China to take $3 billion stake in Blackstone
- Equity Firms to Buy Alltel in $27.5 Billion Deal
- Merrill taking stake in hedge fund GSO -WSJ
- Hologic to buy Cytyc for $6.2 billion
- Sun Pharma to buy Taro for $454 mln, shares up
- Yahoo eyes MySpace rival?
- Chief of EGL Raises Buyout Bid Yet Again
- DTE Energy to Sell Antrim Shale Gas properties
- Maguire Properties Announces Disposition of Three Orange County ...
I'm also keeping an eye on bond market yields. The 10 yr sure has been making upward progress. The higher above 4.8% on the ten year, the stronger the head winds for the stock market?
- Merrill downgraded Medtronic (MDT) Underweight
- UBS downgrades Intuit (INTU) to Neutral
- ING upgraded BP to Buy from Hold
- Countrywide (CFC) downgraded to Market Perform at Friedman, Billings
Lowes (LOW) with a mixed bag. Q1 earnings a penny light at 48c and revenue light at 12.2 bln vs estimates of $12.4 bln. LOW upped Q2 EPS outlook to 62 to 64c vs consensus of 60c and full year to $1.99 to $2.03 vs estimates of $2.01.
Blackstone is also in the news this morning since it's IPO time: Blackstone sets IPO, could raise $3.87-$4.13 bln.